Hiraeth Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Mage vs Engineer Modpack is now on v1.02! Click here for info

About Iron farms

+6
Vihrul
pacman_the_great
Tortada
Vruyr
LilxWaffle
Wilix95
10 posters
Go down
Wilix95

About Iron farms Empty About Iron farms

January 28th 2014, 07:28
First of all this is only my opinion, you may think i'm right, you may not.

I think banning iron farm is a stupid decision, even mojang knows that, people want to play on a sandbox game and want to build whatever they want. And im thankful the admins agree with that, but the solution of taking away from the local "economy" those who have an iron farm isnt the best option in my opinion, the best option would be turning iron to something everyone can access easily, making diamonds the new "coin", making the server "richer" and helping new people to have free iron armor and tools to start with, so what do we need for that to be achieved? you only need to convince those (like me) who want iron farms to make first a community one, so everyone can access it, and then iron wont be a problem anymore.

And what if someone dont like iron farms and dont want to use it? Well, thats his decision, we are a mindcrack like server and some mindcrackers think like that, VintageBeef thinks mobfarming breaks the spirit of the game, so he doesnt even use the endermen farm, while people like docm have their own iron farms. There is no problem with that, you just will have to work harder to getyour resources.

Anyway, i hope you understand my opinion and hopefully change your mind.

Wilix
LilxWaffle
Grasshopper

About Iron farms Empty Re: About Iron farms

January 28th 2014, 14:56
I've been thinking about this, and I believe Wilix is right. I am, as most of you know, an anti-iron-farm-nazi, I hate them. But the points Wilix makes are good and true, and he is right.

I personally think there should be one huge public iron farm. Players are not allowed to make heir own, but they can use the community one for free at any time.
Vruyr
Grasshopper

January 30th 2014, 05:51
And i want build one for players, for free. Just need help with resources and hands.
Tortada
Tortada
Staff member

January 31st 2014, 06:33
The community one is a good idea. I dont like the idea of a certain group of players having industrial-sized iron farms where others dont. That raises the crippled economy point. If everybody had access to one, however, there would be no issue. Everybody has access and, as a result, theres balance. Its a win-win, so I like it.
pacman_the_great
pacman_the_great
Staff member

February 9th 2014, 06:14
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I wouldn't mind having a community iron farm, however, it will mean that iron will be virtually worthless, so people who have a lot of iron will suddenly be very poor. Also, how would we distribute the iron? If we just put it in a chest for people to take, some idiot will probably try to take all the iron for himself.

Some of you may think that letting people build private iron farms for themselves would result in a crippled economy. It wouldn't. Many people have over a stack of iron blocks. They haven't used it to buy stuff. They have kept it for themselves. I don't see why that should change if they had iron farms, seeing as the ridiculous 1000 iron an hour farms won't be possible in 1.8. I appreciate that they would probably be buying more stuff, but they would buy what they need, and, let's face it, if you aren't buying much with your iron when you have more than 300 or so, then the increase in buying will be slight.

What it might do is slightly increase the amount of stuff they buy, and that would not cripple the economy. In fact, it would actually benefit everyone. People with iron farms would buy a bit more stuff, and people with shops would get more business. Usually, people sell what they don't need (or have an excess of), so all it would do is give shop-owners more iron. I realize that it might lead shop owners to increase their price, but I don't think that they would increase their price just because a few costumers had a lot of iron.

If anything, I think that a community one could be more harmful to the economy than a private one. If everyone had easy access to iron, then iron would be worthless. As a result, shop owners would probably demand payment in something more valuable, like diamonds. People with lots of iron may suddenly find that their iron won't buy them anything, which would be problematic, especially if they didn't have that many diamonds, so they would be struggling to buy anything. People with diamonds wouldn't benefit either, as many shopkeepers today happily accept diamonds instead of iron. If iron becomes worthless, all that means is they too will become slightly poorer and will have less options for trading.

You may think that their is a double standard in what I just said. However, their isn't, as some people having lots of iron does not mean that they will buy everything and thus cause inflation with iron. Everyone having freely available iron will hugely inflate iron prices. Even if we don't let people trade with that iron, it could still easily inflate iron as shop owners would not really want iron, unless iron became some sort of universal currency, which will not happen, hence they will demand payment in an other form. If we impose strict limits on how much iron people get, or only allow players with very little iron  get some, then I could see the economy remaining stable. However, I'm not sure that people would be willing or able to to that. Maybe diamonds being the new coin would not be a bad thing, but I suspect that many people would end up substantially poorer if they had to use diamonds, not iron.

Just my two cents. One thing I know for sure - if we make a public iron farm, iron will be worthless, but if some people have private iron farms, they will just keep it for themselves unless they want something, same as if they had lots of iron but no farm.
Vihrul
Staff member
http://www.foxcraft.co.nf/

February 9th 2014, 09:59
@pacman, that might actually work. I'll have to see what I'm going to do about it.
ThePayman

February 9th 2014, 10:42
I agree with Pac, I think that private farms would work better than public ones. If we make a public farm iron will be worthless.. All we will use iron for is beacons, and no one will trade it. Has he said in his post, some players have tons of iron and dont ruin the economy with it. I have a ton of iron blocks and I only use them to buy what I really need. Also I ask shop owners to not raise their iron prices to high so we dont make iron have a low price.

Also If we do private farms they should be small ones with not a huge output.
austinander

February 9th 2014, 11:31
My opinion no public ones and if we do any at all all the stores should only sell diamond because if u have an iron farm then anything u won't u can pretty much get at most of the shops I don't like this idea so u should put up a poll and see
Sander
Grasshopper

August 6th 2014, 13:18
Allow private iron farms.
Volfgang57
Staff member

August 14th 2014, 04:06
Locking this post. Use the new one in the "Farming" section.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum